HAZITEK Program. SPRI, Basque Government
Co-financed by the Basque Government and the European Union through the European Regional Development Fund 2014-2020 (ERDF).
“Multihead solution for Laser Coil Cutting” and acronym “LASPROM”. File No.: ZL-2019/00657
Start and end date:
Start: April 1, 2019
End: December 31, 2020
Number of participants:
Description and objectives:
Laser cutting technology has been on the market for 50 years, and with a wide commercial penetration: it has been and will continue to be in the coming years the main material processing technology based on laser technology.
LASPROM project will develop a high-performance solution for laser cutting from coil, to meet the needs of demanding sectors such as automotive industry and also other strategic sectors, such as household goods or service centres. A radical improvement in performance will be achieved developing a multi-head solution, capable of cutting with sheet metal and head moving simultaneously, while maintaining a high cutting speed.
The new product will have advanced functionalities, will be capable of ensuring high productivity, will be highly automated and will include a new high-performance control system. To this end, the project will address the following objectives:
- System configuration definition: advanced design, new components, within new process control strategies and acquisition of relevant equipment and process information.
- Design a solution to incorporate multiple heads and address the synchronization of the heads with the sheet metal feeds.
- Development of high dynamic control algorithms and acceleration feedback, specific to coil laser machine control.
- Advanced control of the laser system, grid cutting cycles of various types, algorithms combining cutting and trajectory control.
- Optimization of cutting processes for coil slitting: influence of vibrations and sheet curvature; cutting strategies and distribution between heads.
- Integration of internal communication systems, data collection and external connectivity that allow, on the one hand, an advanced diagnosis in the CNC itself and, on the other hand, subsequent off-line improvement based on the data collected.
- GOITI, S. COOP. (LEADER)
- FAGOR AUTOMATION S. COOP.
- FAGOR AOTEK S. COOP.
- IDEKO, S. COOP.